Roofs age, and all of them eventually need to be replaced. If you live in an area that sees a significant amount of rainfall each year, you need to be sure to take good care of your roof and watch for signs that it’s nearing the end of its life.
Signs that roof replacement is in order include:
- Shingles blow off during storms. This is a strong sign that it’s time to budget for a new roof. Shingles that are blown off the roof leave weak spots that can lead to much bigger problems.
- Beams of light or stains are visible in the attic. If you are seeing beams of light or stains, these are clear signs that water has a free space to work its way into the house. This can cause damage that can lead to even more expensive repairs if the problem is not remedied quickly.
- It’s been 20+ years since the roof was shingled. The average shingled roof lasts 20-25 years. At the 20-year mark, it is a good idea to have your roof evaluated. However, it is smart to expect a roof replacement in the near future.
- Shingles show signs of cracks or buckling. Cracks and buckling show that shingles are weak. This can lead to leaks. Roof replacement should be a top priority if these signs are present in the shingles on your roof.
- Sagging spots appear in the roof. Trapped moisture in the roof can lead to sagging spots. This can also be an indication that rotting boards are present, so we would be certain to check for those before the actual roof replacement begins.
If you are concerned about the status of your roof, now is a good time to reach out to us at Freedom Roofing, Windows and Siding LLC about roof replacement.