At Freedom Roofing, Windows and Siding LLC, we know that most home or business owners never want to think about having to schedule a roof repair, much less a replacement. The fact is, even the best of roofs will eventually wear out and start to show signs of their age. Additionally, even if a roof is not at the end of its lifespan, it’s important to invest in repairs when they become necessary so that you can avoid having to replace the entire thing prematurely.
Here are a few signs we suggest you keep an eye out for to help you know when it’s time to schedule a roof repair:
- Damaged Shingles – If you notice that your roof is missing shingles or that they appear to be peeling up in some areas, it’s best to address them quickly to avoid the damage getting worse.
- Dark Spots – When water gets trapped in or under shingles, it can cause them to look darker than the rest of the roof due to the sitting moisture.
- Higher Energy Bills – When your HVAC unit is struggling to keep the building at a set temperature due to a damaged roof, your energy bill is going to reflect that extra power usage.
- Light – Check your attic to see if there is noticeable outside light coming in, as this is usually a sign that your roof has been damaged.
- Interior Water Damage – Your walls and ceiling will start to show signs of water damage if there is an issue with your roof. Look for things like staining, warping, and peeling or unusual bubbles in your paint or wallpaper.
- Sagging – Spotting a noticeable sag in your roof means it’s definitely time to schedule a roof repair service to avoid the entire thing collapsing in.