If you are in the market for a new shingle roof, there are a few decisions to be made, such as color and shingle type. If you’re overwhelmed and not sure which shingle type is right for you, let us at Freedom Roofing, Windows and Siding LLC guide you. Here are common types of shingles to consider.
- Asphalt – Asphalt shingles are one of the most affordable options for your new roofing. There are generally three options to choose from with asphalt shingles; 3-tab, fiberglass, and architectural. The most efficient and affordable option is the 3-tab asphalt shingles. However, 3-tab shingles wear out quicker than fiberglass and architectural asphalt shingles.
- Wood – Another suitable roofing material is wood. You can typically get a wood roof in two forms, shingles or shakes.
- Shingles – Wood shingles are cut in perfect shapes and will last you 15-20 years.
- Shakes – Wood shakes are typically made up of cedar that is sawed and hand split to give your home a more rustic look. Wood shakes have the reputation of lasting longer than asphalt shingles when cared for properly. You can expect a wood shake roof to last you between 30 and 40 years.
- Slate Tile – Slate tile is made of up a stone roofing material, installed to look like a shingle. Slate tile is heavy, but very sturdy and durable. Slate tile doesn’t typically come in a wide variety of colors but will give you a long-lasting roof between 60 to 150 years.
- Tile – Tile shingled roofs are known for their durability when installed properly. The tiles themselves aren’t very costly, but the installation is usually rated as a premium. A tile roof can last you close to 100 years if cared for properly. An advantage to a tile roof is you have many options to choose from, you can get a tile roof in ceramic clay, metal, copper, concrete interlocking, bituminous, and polymer sand.
We hope we have guided you to the right shingle type for you. These are just a few of the many options to choose from. If you have any questions regarding shingles, and the services we provide, please contact us at Freedom Roofing, Windows and Siding LLC today.